Carthage Blitz Clean Up
Monday, September 26th - Friday, September 30th
The week of September 26th, the Department of Public Services Neighborhood Operations Division will be in Carthage for the neighborhood blitz clean up. Below is a quick overview of the blitz.
Greenspace Crew: Will mow, trim, & edge all DPS owned properties during the week.
Dumpster: One (20yd.) dumpster will be delivered on Monday, September 26th by 9:00am and removed Friday, September 30th by 9:00am. If dumpster becomes full before Friday, staff will empty and bring it back.
Street Sweeping: Staff will post “No Parking” signs, so sweeper can sweep.
Friday, September 30th Only: There will be a roving trash truck circulating through Carthage to service all corner cans, collect excessive trash and illegal dumping. Also, staff will be on foot litter picking.
Studies have shown that litter encourages crime and lawlessness. Keep Cincinnati Beautiful did a survey recently that found it also costs homeowners and businesses. Here are there findings:
- 36% of business development officials say that litter impacts a decision to locate to a community.
- 93% of homeowners say that littered neighborhood would decrease their assessment of a home’s value and influences their decision to purchase a property.
- More than half of realtors think litter reduces property values by 9%.
- 60% of property appraisers would reduce a home’s value if it was littered.
- The presence of litter in a community decreases property values by a little over 7%.
Councilman Smitherman believes in picking up trash and has started the One Bag of Trash Challenge. He said, “One of the things I believe we gotta do is clean up own own neighborhoods.” Anyone in Cincinnati can accept the challenge. Pick up a bag of trash and challenge your friends! Complete the challenge, use #onebagoftrash to share your story on social media.